For years, Peter Merriman has been concerned about viruses like the flu spreading through the air of his restaurants.
So even before the pandemic,
Merriman’s restaurant in Kakaako has pumped in enough outdoor air to
turn it over 24 times per hour – more air exchanges than the standard
hospital operating room.
More recently, he invested in carbon
dioxide monitors and ultraviolet disinfection lights for the Oahu
restaurant’s HVAC system, plus HEPA filters and carbon dioxide monitors
at his Waimea location on Hawaii Island. His other two restaurants on
Kauai and Maui are both open-air.
- Outdoor and/or open-air seating options
- All tables spaced 6' or more apart
- Masks required when not eating or drinking
- Hand sanitizer stations available
- Sanitation of all tables and chairs after each use
- Daily staff health checks
- Ground markers for social distancing
Additional precautions for those sitting inside:
- Check in at the host desk outside
- Glass partitions on all back-to-back booths
- UV germicidal lights in the air handling units
- HVAC system has 24 air changes per hour of fresh, outdoor air
- Dining room windows remain open for increased ventilation
- Commercial grade HEPA filters in the dining room, bathrooms and in front of the kitchen
we continue to do the right thing for our staff and community, we ask
that all of our guests Kokua (come together to respect all).
Merriman's Chef's enjoyed an inspirational culinary adventure to Mexico City this past September. They experienced the best traditional, modern and street Mexican food, shopped the Coyoacán fresh markets, explored the wonders of Xochimilco canals, and topped the trip off with a Mezcal Tequilla tasting! Starting Tuesday, January 7th, Merriman's at Ward Village in Honolulu will be offering a "Mucho Mahalo" three course menu paying tribute to all the inspiring cuisine of Mexico City.
Mucho Mahalo Menu
* For a limited time
From Pacific Business News | Photo by Eric Vitale Photography
Sample the 5-course menu served at the James Beard House in New York on September 27th! Available Oct. 8 - 14, 2018 at Merriman's Honolulu. Advance reservations required.
Available until Oct. 31, 2018, the Merriman’s Bowl features ahi tuna on a bed of udon noodles, sprinkled with shredded daikon radish and carrots, and topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
Peter Merriman, the three-time James Beard nominee and Hawaii's original locavore will be serving a taste of Hawaii for one night only. NYC fans - get your tickets today!
Super fun segment with Grace Lee of Hawaii News Now and Melissa Chang introducing Merriman's Honolulu!
Showing1 - 9 of9 results in0.0025 seconds