The County of Maui and the City & County of Honolulu require that all guests 12 years of age and older be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Summary of new rules:
- All guests dining at Merriman's on Maui or in Honolulu are
required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination whether dining indoors
- Guests in Honolulu may present a negative COVID test taken within the prior 48 hours in lieu of vaccination.
- Upon entry, guests must provide valid ID together with proof of full vaccination. The following documents are acceptable: a completed vaccination card in original, photocopied, or digital form; the Hawaii SMART Health Card digital health pass; or other similar vaccination documentation from a healthcare provider.
- Take out orders are exempt.
- Bars and restaurants on Maui are required to close no later than 10:00 p.m.
- Bars and restaurants in Honolulu are required to stop serving alcohol by 10:00pm.
- All Merriman's employees are vaccinated.
COVID-19 Policies - How we are keeping you safe...
Cleaning, Sanitizing & Disinfecting
- Merriman's has always held a very high standard of cleanliness.
- We have trained our team to meet and exceed all government requirements for cleaning and sanitizing all spaces within the restaurant and kitchen.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at multiple locations within the restaurant.
- Sanitation of all tables, chairs and common areas after each use
- Restaurant employees who prepare and serve food are certified in safe food handling as required by the State of Hawaii.
- Outdoor and/or open-air seating options.
- Merriman's dining room floor plans have been designed to ensure minimum 6-ft + in distance between tables.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All employees wear PPE face coverings.
- All employees follow frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing guidelines.
- All employees are vaccinated
- Temperatures taken prior to entering building.
- Completed wellness screen/health questionnaire prior to work.
- Employees who show any signs of illness remain home.
Additional Precautions by Location:
Merriman's Honolulu, Oahu
- Check in at the host desk outside
- Glass partitions on all back-to-back booths
- UV germicidal lights in the air handling units
- HVAC system has 24 air changes per hour of fresh, outdoor air
Merriman's Kapalua, Maui
- Dining room is completely open air, offering full ventilation from outdoors
- Outdoor lanai and deck seating (weather permitting)
If you would like to learn more please visit:
https://www.mauicounty.gov & https://www.oneoahu.org/safe-access-oahu
As we continue to do the right thing for our staff and community, we ask that all of our guests Kokua (come together to respect all).